Dorkcamp (aka burningdork) happened 21st-24th August 2009.
It was at the David Donald field studies base, an ex-radar station in Dorset. See it on google maps and multimap (o/s). It's a short walk to the coast. Here's some local history about the area, and some notes from a visit to the site and village.
Expect electronics and craft workshops, presentations, and strange things with electricity (and fire). To get a flavour for what dorkcamp (aka burningdork) is check this video of dorkcamp06 by inna costantini:
These are all wiki pages and so are in a perpetual state of work in progress -- please edit them to add your thoughts/ideas!
- How to get involved
- Travel2009 - how to get to the camp
- Cooking09 - see/contribute menus ideas and volunteer to help cook
- Schedule2009 - what's going to happen
- InterestedCampers09 - register your interest, but don't forget you'll need a ticket
- Questions2009 - add questions for other campers, about the campsite etc
- ThingsWeNeed - things it would be handy if someone brought
- ThingsToBring - what everyone should remember to bring
- ThingsToTakeAway - what someone left behind