A dorkboat is where we hire a boat for 100 people for 2 hours of dorkbot presentations etc, to go from Westminster to Kew. This one is on Saturday 23rd June 2012. We then plan to go to the Watermans Gallery to look around the exhibitions, and enjoy a curry buffet in the Watermans restaurant with suitably dorky 'cabaret'.
There will be a prize of a portrait by Paul the robot (built by Patrick Tresset)for the best Alan Turing Centenary themed fancy dress costume to celebrate what would have been the great man's 100th birthday on 23rd June. We will also have a wonderful Enigma Machine birthday cake for Turing to celebrate the day.
This will cost £19.99 each including the curry.
Press ganged so far:
- James Larson
- Mike Harrison
- James Bridle
- Anna Dumitriu - Celebrating the Alan Turing Centenary and Turing's impact on the arts
- Alex May and Martin A Smith - Audio visual performance in honour of Alan Turing
- xname - Artistic implications of Turing's PhD thesis
- Karen McCarthy - Poems about/inspired by tidal power generators on the Thames
- Molly Fletcher and Tom Wilkinson The Sailor's Dream Automaton: "In The Sailors Dream an old sailor is falling asleep in front of the TV with a program about fishing on. As he is sleeping, by way of a gauze effect, he has a wonderful dream...."
- More details: Dorkboat12Schedule
If you have an idea about something you'd like to present or do on the boat please say so below (click 'edit' above to edit this page), and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please tag tweets, flickr photos etc with dorkboat2012 and dorkbotlondon